|Soundtrack: A Crown of Stars
||[Jun. 26th, 2012|11:30 pm]
(lives between pages)
This is the playlist (minus the final track, as The Decemberists of course hadn't yet released The King Is Dead; it's a perfect retro-fit) I was listening to while I was writing the stories and ficlets comprising the Crown of Stars 'Verse, many of which were, of course, illustrated by linnpuzzle as part of our collaboration projects over at puzzlebleuink. A Crown of Stars itself was a story I'd been mapping out on my own (in a strange little battered orange notebook that I recently found intact in a box of my undergrad-era possessions) while we were working on some of the earlier collabs, and when I told Linn about it, she was keen on the idea—so on the rota it went! Even though many of the subsequent ficlets carry none of her artistic intervention, I credit the atmosphere of the pieces she completed as I was still writing as a major influence on the final stylistic outcome. To my memory, I only ever shared this mix of songs with her and with ida_pea; however, given that I recently constructed a mix for the parallel universe, it seems the right time to share this...
[This mix is now available on 8tracks.com!]
1. "Who Named the Days" - Arab Strap
2. "1159" - Halali
3. "The Wretches Gone Awry" - Happy Rhodes
4. "Lost" - Noir Désir
5. "The Mercy of the Fallen" - Dar Williams
6. "The Wishing Well" - Connie Dover
7. "Lullaby of London" - The Pogues
8. "Angel Band" - Anonymous 4
9. "Experience Pearls" - Ace of Base
10. "All for You, Sophia" - Franz Ferdinand
11. "Into the Sun" - Jann Arden
12. "I Will Love You" (Sarah Slean Cover) - Veronique Chau & Shades of Grey
13. "I Wonder What Is Keeping My True Love This Night" - Kate Rusby
14. "Put Out the Lights" - Oysterband
15. "Corpus Christi Carol" - Jeff Buckley
16. "It Is Time" - November Project
17. "Soon This Space Will Be Too Small" - Lhasa De Sela
18. "Beloved One" - Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
19. "The Orchids" - Backworld
20. "This Is Why We Fight" - The Decemberists
Cheerfully downloaded everything and ready to dig in! Thank you for sharing, dear :)
You're very welcome :) By the way, I shuffled one out, which was incorrectly placed, and put in what should have been there ("Put Out the Lights," by Oysterband).
Edited at 2012-06-27 07:48 pm (UTC)
If I haven't mentioned before - you have exquisite taste in music! This is the first time I have seen Anonymous 4 on a mix.
At any given time, I have about 5,000 - 6,000 songs on my computer. I'm always poking around for more albums to add to my already fairly eclectic library!
Looking at this I realized that some of the songs I had on the old cd are in a different order from what is here...*random observation*
BTW, how did you do the cool album cover(s)? Do you have photoshop on your computer?
If I've reordered them by mistake, my apology! I also kicked out "Lonelily" and restored "Put Out the Lights" to its place; I'm trying to figure out if I changed my mind about that right after I shared the mix with you, or...
Anyway, now you have two versions :)
(Yep, Photoshop. And Google image search is my friend.)
I remember how much I loved to listen to your soundtracks while I worked on the illustrations. It's a good thing you shared it with others, because it gives a whole new dimension to the stories. :)
The only reason that this mix survived is because Clare, when I went to Chicago to visit her in June, had burned it onto a CD all those years ago, and I found it in her CD booklet O_O It was like finding a lost treasure, or maybe an old friend. Amazing of her to keep it in a format that couldn't just be dissembled by a fickle iTunes playlists...
I did a mix for the 'verse I've been working on more recently, CoT, too :)
Edited at 2012-10-23 04:16 am (UTC)